History of cognitive psychology and the basic cognitive processes involved in attention, memory, knowledge representation, information processing, and problem solving.
By the end of this course, students should have learned
- The contemporary information processing framework used in cognitive psychology
- How experiments are conducted to test models of human information processing
- How information is attended to, memorized, and retrieved
- How higher order knowledge structures facilitate everyday life
- How judgments and decisions are biased and how they are not