Literature in the fundamental aspects of sensation and perception.
By the end of this course students should:
- Have gained a general understanding and appreciation of their sensory/perceptual systems.
- Have an understanding of the anatomy, processes, and functions of the different sensory/perceptual systems.
- Have gained first hand experience about many perceptual abilities/systems through the lab portion of the class.
- Be able to engage in meaningful discussions of current approaches to sensation and perception.
- Understand the role of theories and models in the study of sensation and perception.
- Understand how models are used to generate new psychological knowledge.
- Understand how experimental data relate to theories and models of sensory/ perceptual processes.
Permission of Department