Research Participation Requirements
- The Psychology Department regards your exposure to psychological research as an educational experience. This is comparable to a laboratory section of introductory courses in other sciences, and it serves to acquaint students with a broad cross-section of contemporary psychological research. The participation of students is appreciated and essential to the research of the Psychology Department. Students' research contributions become a lasting part of the body of scientific psychological knowledge.
- The number of research hours you must complete depends on the course and semester you are enrolled. You will receive one half-credit (0.5) for every 30 minutes of study participation.
- Starting Fall 2018, failure to fulfill the necessary hours of credit will result in a drop of one letter grade for the course with the requirement.
- Students and researchers should download the current RP Guidelines by clicking the link below. This file contains all of the necessary instructions for signing up for experiments and completing the Research Participation Requirement.
- Psychology: Click here for Fall 2018 Participant Guidelines
- Researchers can click here for the Researcher Guidelines
- Researchers can click here to learn how to use the Psychology Department’s Sona Systems Website
Since Fall 2010, the Psychology Department Research Pool has been using the Sona Systems portal to manage experiment participation. Go to the Sona website for more information.
If you have any questions, please contact the Research Participant Pool Coordinator:
LeeAnn Beam Haskins, RP Pool Coordinator
Room 429, Psychology Building