Every student at UGA must be advised and cleared for registration each semester. Your advisor will help you navigate your degree requirements and track your progress toward graduation. You cannot register for classes until you have had your registration hold lifted by your advisor. Please visit our Advising Frequently Asked Questions page and be sure to read it carefully!
Upper-division advising is through the Psychology Undergraduate Advising Office and is for students with 60 completed credit hours or more. The Psychology Advising Office is found in room 219 in the Psychology Building.
Lower-division advising (until students have 60 credit hours) is through the Franklin College of Arts & Sciences Office of Academic Advising located in Brooks Hall.
Find the name and contact information of your academic advisor by logging into SAGE. (Review how to find your advisor and make an appointment in SAGE.) The Psychology advisors can answer questions regarding degree requirements, graduation, and university resources. If you do not have an advisor in SAGE please email email@example.com.
After Drop/Add ends, be sure to schedule your advising appointment (in SAGE) for the following semester! Upper division Psychology classes can fill quickly so it is important for you to get advised and cleared to register as soon as possible. If you have any questions please email your advisor from your UGA.edu email address -- and always include your full name and 81#.
Preparing for Your Advising Appointment
- Log into DegreeWorks and review your degree audit.
- Thoroughly review the Psychology Advising Frequently Asked Questions
- Familiarize yourself with the Psychology degree requirements and course descriptions listed at the Bulletin.
- Complete this Psychology Degree Checklist.
- Come to your advising appointment with a minimum of 4 courses/12 credit hours you plan to take next semester.