Benefits of Membership
- Recognition of academic excellence which can be noted on resumes or CVs
- Opportunity to network with other psychology majors, graduate students, and professors
- Opportunity to publish in the Psi Chi Journal of Undergraduate Research
- The Psi Chi national office provides over $300,000 in awards and grants to students, faculty advisors, and chapters
Membership Requirements for Undergraduate Students
- Must be at least a second-semester sophomore
- Must be a psychology major or minor
- Must have completed at least 9 semester hours of psychology classes
- Must have at least a 3.0 overall GPA and at least a 3.0 psychology GPA
- Must have a GPA within the top 35% of their respective classes
Membership Requirements for Graduate Students
- Must have at least a 3.0 overall GPA in all graduate coursework
- Must be enrolled in a graduate program in any field of psychology
How to Join Psi Chi
Applicants must complete both the online application for the Psi Chi National Honor Society and the paper application for the UGA Chapter.
- Click here to complete the Psi Chi National Honor Society online application.
- Click here to download to the electronic version of the paper application. You can also pick up a hard copy in the Psychology Department Advising Office. This is required for the UGA Chapter of Psi Chi. Return your application and payment in an envelope to the Psychology Bulletin (located on the second floor in the Psychology Building by the elevators).
- As noted on the application, application dues are $80 and can be paid via check made out to UGA Psi Chi. If your application is denied because you fail to meet all eligibility requirements, your check will be shredded. Psi Chi will let you know either way once all final decisions have been made. Also, once inducted you will be a lifetime member of Psi Chi. Therefore the application fee is a one-time payment.
Spring 2022 application deadline for submitting both applications and the membership fee by April 1, 2022. Late applications or applications that are missing the mandatory membership dues will NOT be accepted.
*Please review the membership requirements above prior to submitting your application.*